Krakow UNESCO City of Literature would like to invite everyone to a series of exceptional walks through the streets of literary Krakow. Every last Saturday of the month, we will take those interested for a walk around town and in the footsteps of the most intriguing and captivating stories about and of the city — its literary trends and contexts. We will visit places of vibrant inspiration and get to know the authors that have lived and worked in Krakow, retracing the steps of famous protagonists and plot twists.
NOTE! Participation in literary walking tour is free but requires registration. All interested are asked to please send their registration by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The number of participants is limited, so don’t hesitate to write!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- One person may reserve maximum two spots.
- Registration for a given walk should be made no more than 30 days before the walk begins.
- Registration for every walk should be made via e-mail.
- The name of the walk should be included in the subject of the e-mail.
- During the walks, photographs will be taken, which will later be used in promotional materials – by participating in the walk, you are agreeing to their publication.
- 22nd April – Tour of second-hand bookstores – in connection with the World Book and Copyright Day
- 29th April – Stanisław Wyspiański’s Route
- 27th May – Children’s literature route – in connection with the Children’s Day
- 10th June – Czesław Miłosz’s Route – during Miłosz Festival
- 24th June – Poetic song
- 15th July – Avant-Garde
- 29th July – Stanisław Lem’s Route
- 26th August – ”City of the Future” – Literary Nowa Huta
- 30th September – ”An Ambitious Illusionist” – Wisława Szymborska
- 28th October – Joseph Conrad’s Route – during Conrad Festival
- April 30 – on the trail of Krakow’s women writers
- May 21– on the trail of Stanisław Lem – on the occasion of the Festival of Science in Krakow
- May 28– on the trail of Baltazar Gąbka – on the occasion of International Children’s Day
- June 11 – on the trail of Czesław Miłosz during Poetry Night/the Miłosz Festival
- June 25 – on the trail of the defiant poets
- July 2 – on the trail of Mordechai Gebirtig during the Jewish Culture Festival
- July 31 – Literary Krakow
- August 27– on the trail of Stanisław Wyspiański
- September 24 – Krakow under the magnifying glass – foreign writers in the city of kings
- October 1 – on the trail of Wisława Szymborska (twentieth anniversary of the poet being awarded the Nobel Prize)
- October 29 – on the trail of Joseph Conrad during the Conrad Festival
- May 31 – Wislawa Szymborska Trail
- June 28 – In the Footsteps of Poetry (based on the movie: View of Krakow and the traces of a new generation of poets)
- July 26 - Lightly and Pleasantly. Satire
- August 30 - Literary Nowa Huta on Bikes
- September 27 – Realism and Literary Cafes Trail
- October 25 - Crime Fiction Trail