Kraków UNESCO City of Literature is delighted to announce an international residency opportunity for 2019 for a writer from Edinburgh!
The selected writer will be invited to spend two weeks in Kraków, to develop their own creative practice in the beautiful surroundings of a Polish Renaissance palace. They will be invited to present the work to local audiences, and help promote the literary links between our two cities. We are looking for a writer who would like to explore Kraków in their creative practice, who is comfortable meeting new groups of people and talking about their work and willing to commit two weeks to their work and this residency.
What we offer
Krakow will offer a two-week stay in the second part of August at the Villa Decius, official partner of the project with years of experience running international residencies, including the Visegrad Literary Residency Program and the ICORN Residency Program. We will also offer a stipend and cover transportation costs between Krakow and Edinburgh.
- Application Form
- Fragment of a published text (in Polish or English) or a fragment of a translation (in Polish). No more than 2 pages in length.
This residency is limited to writers living in Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature.
- The applicant should have at least one published book (fiction or non-fiction), screenplay or theatre script. Alternatively, applications are welcome from translators, who have translated at least one work into Polish.
- If successful, applicants should be willing to participate in the literary life of Krakow, including events, meetings, promotional interviews and engagements, festivals, where applicable.
- Work on your own literary project during the residency.
- The successful applicant will be asked to write will be asked to write a text (work of fiction or non-fiction) that will feature the City of Krakow (min. 4 000 to max. 11 000 characters with spaces) in some fashion and will be used in a future, published collection for promotional purposes.
Application deadline: noon on Friday 12th July
Successful candidate notified: Monday 15th July
Partner of the residency: